Online Shopping – How to find authentic Sellers and avoid frauds
In today’s digital word, there are thousands of sellers trying to sell their products to you. An innocent buyers like you always wonder – whom to really trust for best price, great quality and prompt services. There are number of online channels buy from. Here is a list of few of them for example –
- Online Market Places – Amazon, Flipkart, Jabong, Myntra, Limeroad, Voonik, Shein, YEP ME
- Brands – Biba, Soch, W, FabIndia, Global Desi, Faballey, Kazo, Madame, Chumbak, AND
- Designers – Sabyasachi Mukherjee, Manish Malhotra, Anita Dongre, Ritu Kumar,
- Social Media Channels – Facebook Groups, Google Plus Communities, Whatsapp groups
With so many variety of online buying options, how exactly one should find the best online seller who can offer products with great quality, value for money, safe online transactions and a delightful customer service experience ? Here are few tips we have gathered from many of our passionate buyer friends which will certainly help you in a safer and trusted online buying experience.
- Decide on What You Really Want to Buy Online: Have some idea on what you are looking for based on your need and preference:
- Ask for Recommendations from Family and Friends: Check with family members or close friends if they already know a trusted channel to buy from.
- Try Famous and Trusted Brands: If there are no budget constraints, go with the famous brands trusted by millions already. Chances are that you will get a good quality product but with higher price it is worth for.
- Verify Online Credentials: Check how good is there online presence
- Verify Website Security: Verify the website URL and look for following signs for secure sites – URL begins with https instead of http, there will be and icon of closed padlock or unbroken key on the left of url in browser.
- Verify Contact Details of Seller: Check for contact details – If the seller is genuine, they will generally share their registered office or shop address along with a reachable phone number. You could call them to verify with some simple query.
- Understand the Policies and Guidelines of Seller: Check for policies and guideline available on website. ‘’Exchange or Return Policy is something very important to know for scenarios where you might have to exchange or return the products due to manufacturing defects.
- Verify Payment Gateway for Secure Online Transactions: Check if the online payment gateway used by the seller is genuine and known.
- Avoid Too Good to Be True Offers: Be very cautious when it is too good to be true. It could be the dirt cheap price or an offer or a deal which cannot be true in real world.
- Try Small and Emerging Brands for Best Deals: Look for smaller or emerging brands which are dedicated to particular type of products. They might give you good deals at best prices.
- Try Resellers for Best Prices: Resellers selling through social media channels who buy from manufactures and sell it in retail keeping very less margins
- Begin with a Small Order: When dealing with a new online seller, start with a minimal quantity first time and order more quantity or more often as you get good service.
Hope this article is useful for you. Please leave your feedback and share it with your friends to help them as well. Thank You!